LIGHT POTATO

Toy invention by: Enrique Sampayo Mendez

Enrique Sampayo Mendez inventor of the LIGHT POTATO

 TO THE TEAM: This page is addressed to future engineers and toy developers. I wanted to let them know what is the knowledge I have on this topic, so more fluent agreements can be achieved in the future. I felt I needed much more than a drawing and text. I wanted to see it and I think I did solve that. And I know there is much work to be done.

 THE IDEA: Working as a substitute teacher in central Florida in 2014, Enrique visited an elementary school. During recess time he had the idea to hand out some pencils, stickers and even his blinking toy ball to students showing good behavior. So the students were a bit talkative, and he took a look at his desk and grabbed the toy ball, and came up with the idea, to play a cool game of LIGHT POTATO.

 THE VISION: Although he couldn’t achieve what he had in mind in his vision, he went on. He used his pulsing toy ball this time. He taped her on the desk and she did the same pulses again. A common ball toy you get anywhere these days with a small battery inside and a module with a single light. The small ball just pulsed for some seconds and shut down. The idea came up. The response was incredible; all students sang the words that Enrique told them to: Light- potato light-potato light-potato, until the light stopped flashing. That student was out of the game. We played until two students were left. Smiles of real fun were popping all over the classroom; this was very cool and fun entertainment! And students were saluting Mr. Mendez at lunch time asking me when the next game of LIGHT POTATO was going to go down. I have lived with this commitment for years know.

 THE TOY NAME: Students became more responsive to the teacher and silence was achieved in exchange of rounds of LIGHT POTATO. IMAGINE…class room control!  The game NAME was founded, it was so fun Enrique decided that THE LIGHT POTATO had to come in to life with the functionality he envisioned. There wasn’t any toy like this in the market when he researched.

 LIGHT POTATO IS BORN: Enrique has built a prototype, plastic potato with a remote control for the light module inside. This prototype delivers the toy FUNCTIONALITY Enrique was aiming that the toy should have. He has succeeded to show his desired FUNCTION. The primordial ones he had in his class room VISION. Potato shaped, pulsing RED color, and remote controlled. Other options added to the basic function of the invention would make it even more amazing. Like: programmable playability modes, programmable timer and light colors, all using android and apple applications. Rechargeable batteries using usb ports among many other styles of power and switch options. 

It is advised to dim the lights in the playing area, although it is not necessary depending on the amount of candlelight power in the room, and also inside the toy, as you will see at the end.

Light Potato Prototype

What is this?

Prototype video- excuse my speech and video quality.  Working on next one.






 The proper materials used for the outer potato enclosure will give this toy the texture this toy deserves.

 This is a protectable product innovation. 

 Trademark name: LIGHT POTATO by Enrique Sampayo Mendez

 Trademark copy: Light up the LIGHT POTATO and play! by Enrique Sampayo Mendez

 https://youtu.be/BH43vbuYln4

 As of now, he is working on developing a prototype, and a future registration of trademarks and patents if applicable. 

 "Although I have lots of focus, confidence and commitment, manufacturing and marketing a cost manageable project like this will take me some time, and I am on it right now. If approached during my endeavor, I am willing to license this toy for the good of the students all around the world".

Contact me at: Enrique_caribean@hotmail.com

2016 First published blogger page to expose my idea.

2025 At the present time Enrique is still working on a way to fund a better appearance prototype toy so he can move forward to angel investing. 

And the logistics of developing the toy retaining his intellectual rights, selling them or licensing them. He is emotionally available for investor meetings. 

He has recently been involved in submitting abstract art paintings to various art shows. This emerging artist new endeavor has kept him from tasking on this toy invention.


Comentarios